macOS Sonoma 14.4 Breaks iMazing
dgb (David)
2024-03-12 13:49:16 UTC
I updated to macOS Sonoma 14.4 on my M1 iMac, and iMazing.app now
hangs with the beachball of despair when I click the "Manage Apps"
button, requiring me to Force Quit the Application. This problem
exists in both iMazing 2.17.17 and Beta version 3.0.0. I have
submitted a report to iMazing Support.
Can anyone out there either validate or debunk whether iMazing
works on your Mac under the latest version of Sonoma?
The trial version downloaded from the developer's site runs OK on
my M1 Mac now updated to macOS 14.4.
Is the software properly signed?
https://developer.apple.com/developer-id/
How do you KNOW?
Your trolls are embarrassingly weak.
Software NOT approved by Apple.
No, software that simply isn't published on the App Store - big
difference.
How do YOU know that it doesn't contain malware?
Because I'm not a noob like you. I'm a software developer. I monitor
what apps do on my computer, and through my network. iMazing isn't
malware and doesn't communicate with server except for software updates
- and I prevent those connections until I'm ready to update.
I've decided to ask them myself:-
Prediction: Dumbass David won't like/understand the answer he gets (assuming
he gets an answer), so Dangerous Delusional David will have a new stalking
target.
Here are the answers I received:-

HTH!
David
Alan
2024-03-12 16:04:58 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
https://i.ibb.co/FKmYZ2s/Screenshot-2024-03-12-at-13-32-06.png
HTH!
So they know you're an asshole now, too!
dgb (David)
2024-03-12 16:43:28 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
If they can't run a Facebook page properly, they'll have no place on MY
computer!

Did YOU get a warning from Apple when you downloaded it?
No? Then maybe it IS carrying some malicious code!
Alan
2024-03-12 19:37:41 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
There is nothing in that that so much as suggests that they can't do so,
asshole.

Not catering to your whims doesn't equal "can't".
dgb (David)
2024-03-12 20:43:02 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
They've lost a customer though - and other folk who I might tell.

How do they benefit from that?
Kelly Phillips
2024-03-13 02:42:21 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
It's hard to imagine a better product endorsement than seeing you bash and
slime, as you do. Any dev who recognizes you for the kook that you are gets my
vote.
Tyrone
2024-03-13 03:06:34 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
They've lost a customer though - and other folk who I might tell.
How do they benefit from that?
Because they now know better than to deal with you. And anyone else who is
stupid enough to believe you.

THAT is a HUGE benefit.
Alan
2024-03-13 03:42:39 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
I suspect they'd be glad if they knew.
Tyrone
2024-03-13 03:02:26 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
Oh look. My prediction above came true. "Prediction: Dumbass David won't
WolfFan
2024-03-13 11:21:28 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by dgb (David)
On Mar 10, 2024 at 2:03:42 PM EDT, "dgb"<David)
On 8 Mar 2024 at 11:27:46 GMT, "Alan
[...]
Our David’s reputation precedes him. One of his problems is that _lots_ of
devs have presences in places like the various Apple fora and certain of the
non-Apple Mac or iDevice fora. They will have seen Our David in action. They
will know other devs and will get warnings from them about Our David’s
drunken, brain-damaged, obnoxious, methods. And they will react accordingly.

As yea sow, so shall yea reap, David, m’lad.