I just discovered one of my Macs is running a minute fast!
Robert Peirce
2020-04-30 16:43:11 UTC
I set my watch from this Mac and happened to notice my watch was a
minute fast compared to another Mac. It is also a minute fast compared
to my iPhone. There is no obvious way to correct this. What do I need
to do?
philo
2020-04-30 20:12:36 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
I set my watch from this Mac and happened to notice my watch was a
minute fast compared to another Mac.  It is also a minute fast compared
to my iPhone.  There is no obvious way to correct this.  What do I need
to do?
Correct the time on the erroneous computer or else set your watch from
one of the correct ones.
Barry Margolin
2020-05-01 14:02:32 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
I set my watch from this Mac and happened to notice my watch was a
minute fast compared to another Mac. It is also a minute fast compared
to my iPhone. There is no obvious way to correct this. What do I need
to do?
Open the Date & Time preferences and make sure they both have "Set date
and time automatically" checked.
--
Barry Margolin, ***@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
Robert Peirce
2020-05-01 15:20:33 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by Robert Peirce
I set my watch from this Mac and happened to notice my watch was a
minute fast compared to another Mac. It is also a minute fast compared
to my iPhone. There is no obvious way to correct this. What do I need
to do?
Open the Date & Time preferences and make sure they both have "Set date
and time automatically" checked.
They are. However, it seems to have gotten back on track. I have no
idea how long it was wrong.