Mac Malware
dgb (David)
2024-03-09 08:58:08 UTC
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....

https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/

Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?

There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
David
John Hill
2024-03-09 09:16:56 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
Oh, NO! Not again!!

Serenity required.

Old John.
--
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
dgb (David)
2024-03-09 10:11:32 UTC
Post by John Hill
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
Oh, NO! Not again!!
Serenity required.
How sad, Old John. ;-(

//Closed-minded people put their ego ahead of the outcome. They refrain from
inquiring and instead focus on disproving others without attempting to
comprehend their perspectives. They tend to become frustrated when questioned
and perceive those who seek clarification as hindrances to progress. They tend
to easily get angered with people who disagree.//

https://fs.blog/open-closed-minded/
David
Andy H
2024-03-09 13:17:39 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
Post by John Hill
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
Oh, NO! Not again!!
Serenity required.
How sad, Old John. ;-(
//Closed-minded people put their ego ahead of the outcome. They refrain from
inquiring and instead focus on disproving others without attempting to
comprehend their perspectives. They tend to become frustrated when questioned
and perceive those who seek clarification as hindrances to progress. They tend
to easily get angered with people who disagree.//
https://fs.blog/open-closed-minded/
Just one response from me, to all of your postings on this matter.
Sometimes a comment just sparks something in me to react.

As I see it the kind of posts you (and similar others) write here, and
in other places have been a contributory factor in the demise of Usenet,
and making groups, such as this, awful places for anyone to discuss the
subjects of their titles.

The persistence of your posted subject matter just seems to indicate
that you are insane (and perhaps so am I for even considering a response).

It may be misquoted from Einstein (perhaps, I can't be arsed to really
look that deeply, nevertheless, I trust Einstein more than anyone's
'information' here).

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results'.

The only thing that could be added to that is 'ad nauseum'.

Where I stand on the security and privacy of my devices has bugger all
to do with you, or anyone else. I know about it, and I understand it,
but it's not answerable to you, or anyone else. I'm certainly not
'closed-minded' about it all, just because I don't want to talk about it
with some guy on the Internet.

Cheers.
Andy H
dgb (David)
2024-03-09 14:01:24 UTC
Post by Andy H
Post by dgb (David)
Post by John Hill
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
It seems as if I've touched a nerve! ;-)

You saw the answer I gave to Mark - why didn't you simply agree with me?

Cheers!
Andy H
2024-03-09 15:20:35 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Andy H
Post by dgb (David)
Post by John Hill
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
That information was given.
Post by dgb (David)
You saw the answer I gave to Mark - why didn't you simply agree with me?
Because I don't.

TTFN
Andy H
dgb (David)
2024-03-10 11:27:24 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
Post by Andy H
Post by dgb (David)
Post by John Hill
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
That information was A given. (Edited!)
Could YOU be one of the 'bad guys'?
Post by dgb (David)
You saw the answer I gave to Mark - why didn't you simply agree with me?
Because I don't.
TTFN
I'm happy to chat to you whenever you wish.
--
NOT just 'some guy on the Internet'!
I'm David - on LinkedIn
Alan Browne
2024-03-09 15:05:23 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
I occasionally run Malwarebytes and over the years I recall only one
instance of it isolating some marketing crudware.

Come to think of it, it's not even installed on this iMac (new in Nov).

My SO had Chrome infected by some driveby sites she got sucked into
visiting. Fixed with a bit of manual effort. (I don't recall if that
was her intel or Apple Si MBA).

Not really something I worry about unless installing s/w outside of the
Apple App store. Then I delve into the distributor carefully before
downloading.
--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.
dgb (David)
2024-03-09 18:00:26 UTC
Post by Alan Browne
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
I occasionally run Malwarebytes and over the years I recall only one
instance of it isolating some marketing crudware.
Apple Support have told me verbally that Malwarebytes is the only software
they recommend for sorting a malware problem.
Post by Alan Browne
Come to think of it, it's not even installed on this iMac (new in Nov).
No need unless it is ever required!
Post by Alan Browne
My SO had Chrome infected by some driveby sites she got sucked into
visiting. Fixed with a bit of manual effort. (I don't recall if that
was her intel or Apple Si MBA).
Not much of a problem then?!!
Post by Alan Browne
Not really something I worry about unless installing s/w outside of the
Apple App store. Then I delve into the distributor carefully before
downloading.
You are eminently sensible! :-D

Thanks, Alan.
David
gtr
2024-03-14 22:52:46 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
I always encourage others to have a hobby. Seems you have found one that will
prove satisfying for as many years as you live. It seems a strange hobby that
you and many others have with this "viruses comin' to get mac users!", but at
least it's keeping you active. And you occasionally get response from rational
people, like me, though I suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
Hawker Hunter
2024-03-14 23:41:57 UTC
Post by gtr
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
I always encourage others to have a hobby. Seems you have found one that will
prove satisfying for as many years as you live. It seems a strange hobby that
you and many others have with this "viruses comin' to get mac users!", but at
least it's keeping you active. And you occasionally get response from rational
people, like me, though I suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
I note that you didn't answer his question, 'gtr'!

"Do you use ANY of them?"
Alan

What is your posting history before today?
Jolly Roger
2024-03-15 00:27:00 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Hawker Hunter
See: dgb (David) <***@nomail.afraid.org>

JR
Hawker Hunter
2024-03-15 10:40:21 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by gtr
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather
than just leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App
Store! Do you use any of them?
I always encourage others to have a hobby. Seems you have found one
that will prove satisfying for as many years as you live. It seems a
strange hobby that you and many others have with this "viruses
comin' to get mac users!", but at least it's keeping you active. And
you occasionally get response from rational people, like me, though
I suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
I note that you didn't answer his question, 'gtr'!
"Do you use ANY of them?"
What is your posting history before today?
You're just guessing again!

What KIND of 'Developer' ARE you, Canny Lad?
WolfFan
2024-03-15 11:57:53 UTC
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by Alan
Post by Hawker Hunter
On Mar 9, 2024 at 1:58:08 AM PST, "dgb"<David)
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
this post saved for use the next time that arsenugget Brooks attempts to deny
using sockpuppets. As are certain other posts, using the Hawker Hunter gym,
but signed with the arsenugget Brooks D., in certain other newsgroups.

I wonder how long this new nym will last?
Jörg Lorenz
2024-03-15 12:46:36 UTC
Post by WolfFan
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by dgb (David)
[...]
Already shot down by a Mikoyan Gurewitsch 17. *ROTFLSTC*
"Mille viae ducunt hominem per saecula Romam." (Alanus ab Insulis 1120-1202)
Hawker Hunter
He won't understand your clever comment, George!
Tyrone
2024-03-15 00:29:23 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by gtr
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
I always encourage others to have a hobby. Seems you have found one that will
prove satisfying for as many years as you live. It seems a strange hobby that
you and many others have with this "viruses comin' to get mac users!", but at
least it's keeping you active. And you occasionally get response from rational
people, like me, though I suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
I note that you didn't answer his question, 'gtr'!
"Do you use ANY of them?"
What is your posting history before today?
This is obviously David. He is so fucking stupid that in atl.computer.workshop
he posted as "Hawker Hunter" and then signed the post as "D.". Not once, but
twice.
applefanboy
It sounds like YOU are a *STALKER* .... "Tyrone"! 😛
WolfFan
the idiot has nymshifted again. he’s too stupid to learn, he really is.
David Brooks
2024-03-23 09:30:45 UTC
Post by WolfFan
Post by applefanboy
Post by Tyrone
This is obviously David. He is so fucking stupid that in
atl.computer.workshop
he posted as "Hawker Hunter" and then signed the post as "D.". Not once, but
twice.
It sounds like YOU are a *STALKER* .... "Tyrone"! 😛
the idiot has nymshifted again. he’s too stupid to learn, he really is.
"Tyrone" *WAS* identified for what he is!

Have you seen this?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255541836?sortBy=best

Any thoughts on this?

Anyone?
WolfFan
2024-03-23 10:55:54 UTC
Post by David Brooks
Post by WolfFan
Post by applefanboy
Post by Tyrone
This is obviously David. He is so fucking stupid that in
atl.computer.workshop
he posted as "Hawker Hunter" and then signed the post as "D.". Not once, but
twice.
It sounds like YOU are a *STALKER* .... "Tyrone"! 😛
the idiot has nymshifted again. he’s too stupid to learn, he really is.
"Tyrone" *WAS* identified for what he is!
Have you seen this?
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255541836?sortBy=best
Any thoughts on this?
Anyone?
David Brooks is a brain-damaged stalker and troll. he nymshifts to try to
evade filters, but he’s so stupid that he’s easily detected and everyone
can have fun playing with him. He lacks the self-awareness to see when others
are pointing and laughing at him.

Your Name
2024-03-15 05:37:03 UTC
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by gtr
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than
just leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store!
Do you use any of them?
I always encourage others to have a hobby. Seems you have found one
that will prove satisfying for as many years as you live. It seems a
strange hobby that you and many others have with this "viruses comin'
to get mac users!", but at least it's keeping you active. And you
occasionally get response from rational people, like me, though I
suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
I note that you didn't answer his question, 'gtr'!
"Do you use ANY of them?"
Because it's the same stupid question that's been asked and answered
numerous times before. He's just another idiotic troll to add to your
killfile / filter and ignore.
WolfFan
2024-03-15 11:52:50 UTC
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by gtr
Post by dgb (David)
I'm not the only person to talk about it! See .....
https://eclecticlight.co/2024/03/09/what-malware-can-macos-remove/
Are you taking additional steps to protect your computer(s) rather than just
leaving things in the hands of Apple?
There are many so-called 'Anti-virus' products in the Apple App Store! Do you
use any of them?
I always encourage others to have a hobby. Seems you have found one that will
prove satisfying for as many years as you live. It seems a strange hobby that
you and many others have with this "viruses comin' to get mac users!", but at
least it's keeping you active. And you occasionally get response from rational
people, like me, though I suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
I note that you didn't answer his question, 'gtr'!
we know that it’s you, David.
"Do you use ANY of them?"
Alan Browne
2024-03-16 13:00:09 UTC
Post by gtr
people, like me, though I suppose that's ancillary to your hobby.
Primary, really.