Kirk Austin MIDI Libs
KP2 KP2
2023-03-20 01:01:57 UTC

|>I'm extremely interested in chatting with anybody who has some experience
|>using Kirk Austin's public domain MIDI libraries for Think Pascal.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: use Apple's MIDI Manager. The
Kirk Austin routines are extremely limited (one byte at a time, and locked
to the Mac event loop), so you'll have to do all the MIDI parsing yourself
and will never get decent performance. And, eventually, the routines will
break on new hardware and with new system software.
Nick Rothwell, Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
"Now remember - and this is most important - you must think in Russian."
nice read
Jolly Roger
2023-03-20 01:28:47 UTC
Post by KP2 KP2

|>I'm extremely interested in chatting with anybody who has some experience
|>using Kirk Austin's public domain MIDI libraries for Think Pascal.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: use Apple's MIDI Manager. The
Kirk Austin routines are extremely limited (one byte at a time, and locked
to the Mac event loop), so you'll have to do all the MIDI parsing yourself
and will never get decent performance. And, eventually, the routines will
break on new hardware and with new system software.
Nick Rothwell, Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
"Now remember - and this is most important - you must think in Russian."
nice read
LOL! 33 years later... 🤡

JR