Rugged line, dumb preferably
a***@gmail.com
2017-01-06 10:55:15 UTC
I wonder now that iphone 7 is watertight what Apple is going to do about shutdowns in neg temperatures.
I guess the current crop was shutting down due to moisture condensing to protect device at low temps,
now the issue is aggravated further by the device being watertight and the moisture
from the factory having no place to go.

Given that the device needs manual labor and humans operate best at 50% humidity
wtf is apple can do about this issue?

I think a line of rugged dumbphones that don;'t shut themselves and can have an automated assembly
line in a low humidity environment is what doctor ordered!

Extra bonus points for the removable battery provisions.

That or ship in an expensive aluminum foiled

farahday case
Andreas Rutishauser
2017-01-07 06:39:01 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
I wonder now that iphone 7 is watertight what Apple is going to do about
shutdowns in neg temperatures.
I guess the current crop was shutting down due to moisture condensing to
protect device at low temps,
now the issue is aggravated further by the device being watertight and the moisture
from the factory having no place to go.
you should take a look at how the water tightness is achieved.
iPhone 7 and Apple Watch close their openings when comin into contact of
wet.
Otherwise they can "breathe".

Cheers
Andreas
--
MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch>
EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk