Apple, a Trendsetter No More
Jim_Higgins
2016-11-15 14:42:20 UTC
The Tim Cook era replacing the Steve Jobs era-sad

Apple, a Trendsetter No More
http://tinyurl.com/gpy77le
The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character
Your Name
2016-11-15 20:11:21 UTC
Post by Jim_Higgins
The Tim Cook era replacing the Steve Jobs era-sad
Apple, a Trendsetter No More
http://tinyurl.com/gpy77le
Steve Jobs had an amazing ability to see what should be done and he
also had an electronics background even if he wasn't actually as good
as others (Woz being the original genius behind Apple).

Unfortunately Tim Cook is simply a typical idiot "manager" who knows
very little about the products his company makes and sells, and he is
more interested in sticking his nose into political crap. Johnny Ive is
a case designer who knows nothing about electronics and is obsessed by
making everything thinner.

Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot. He claims Apple doesn't want
to make a touchscreen laptop because it would cause a usage division
between the laptop and desktop lines (due to a touchscreen iMac being
too cumbersome to use, so one would be touchscreen and the other not)
... as if the silly Touch Bar gimmick hasn't already created that
"usage division". Even the trackpad on laptops made them different to
using a mouse, which is why they had to create the Magic Trackpad as a
"catch-up". :-\
Calum
2016-11-16 12:34:25 UTC
Post by Your Name
Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot. He claims Apple doesn't want
to make a touchscreen laptop because it would cause a usage division
between the laptop and desktop lines (due to a touchscreen iMac being
too cumbersome to use, so one would be touchscreen and the other not)
... as if the silly Touch Bar gimmick hasn't already created that
"usage division".
Not really, at least not any more than
3D/Force/Whatever-it's-called-this-week Touch. Anything you can do on
the touch bar, you can do some other way without it... and that will
have to be the case for at least as long as you can buy a new desktop or
laptop Mac from Apple that doesn't have one.
Jim_Higgins
2016-11-16 13:41:10 UTC
Post by Calum
Post by Your Name
Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot. He claims Apple doesn't want
to make a touchscreen laptop because it would cause a usage division
between the laptop and desktop lines (due to a touchscreen iMac being
too cumbersome to use, so one would be touchscreen and the other not)
... as if the silly Touch Bar gimmick hasn't already created that
"usage division".
Not really, at least not any more than
3D/Force/Whatever-it's-called-this-week Touch. Anything you can do on
the touch bar, you can do some other way without it... and that will
have to be the case for at least as long as you can buy a new desktop or
laptop Mac from Apple that doesn't have one.
Another pointless "feature"-the Touch Bar
The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character
Huge
2016-11-16 14:29:40 UTC
Post by Jim_Higgins
Post by Calum
Post by Your Name
Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot. He claims Apple doesn't want
to make a touchscreen laptop because it would cause a usage division
between the laptop and desktop lines (due to a touchscreen iMac being
too cumbersome to use, so one would be touchscreen and the other not)
... as if the silly Touch Bar gimmick hasn't already created that
"usage division".
Not really, at least not any more than
3D/Force/Whatever-it's-called-this-week Touch. Anything you can do on
the touch bar, you can do some other way without it... and that will
have to be the case for at least as long as you can buy a new desktop or
laptop Mac from Apple that doesn't have one.
Another pointless "feature"-the Touch Bar
Function keys with displays, so they can have context sensitive legends,
are a brilliant idea. And another one Apple stole from Xerox.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 28th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3182
I don't have an attitude problem.
If you have a problem with my attitude, that's your problem.
android
2016-11-16 14:41:00 UTC
Post by Huge
Post by Jim_Higgins
Post by Calum
Post by Your Name
Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot. He claims Apple doesn't want
to make a touchscreen laptop because it would cause a usage division
between the laptop and desktop lines (due to a touchscreen iMac being
too cumbersome to use, so one would be touchscreen and the other not)
... as if the silly Touch Bar gimmick hasn't already created that
"usage division".
Not really, at least not any more than
3D/Force/Whatever-it's-called-this-week Touch. Anything you can do on
the touch bar, you can do some other way without it... and that will
have to be the case for at least as long as you can buy a new desktop or
laptop Mac from Apple that doesn't have one.
Another pointless "feature"-the Touch Bar
Function keys with displays, so they can have context sensitive legends,
are a brilliant idea. And another one Apple stole from Xerox.
And I thought that it was a MS intervention to get the "Ribbons" on the
keyboard. You know, a doggy in the park thingy...
teleportation kills
Your Name
2016-11-16 20:09:28 UTC
Post by android
Post by Huge
Post by Jim_Higgins
Post by Calum
Post by Your Name
[...]
There's a reason why the Function Keys aren't used by most people ...
they're simply useless leftovers from the DOS / Windoze PC world. A
silly little screen that simply means yet somewhere else you have to
look to try and find a piece of functionality you want isn't going to
change that. It's just another useless gimmick by the post-Jobs Apple
that doesn't really know what to do next. :-(
Jolly Roger
2016-11-16 21:11:51 UTC
Post by Your Name
It's just another useless gimmick by the post-Jobs Apple
that doesn't really know what to do next. :-(
"DOOMED, I tell you!!"

JR
nospam
2016-11-16 16:00:22 UTC
Post by Huge
Post by Jim_Higgins
Another pointless "feature"-the Touch Bar
Function keys with displays, so they can have context sensitive legends,
are a brilliant idea. And another one Apple stole from Xerox.
apple didn't steal anything from xerox and xerox never had a context
sensitive touchbar anyway.
nospam
new technology has to start somewhere.
Your Name
2016-11-16 20:05:54 UTC
Post by Your Name
Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot. He claims Apple doesn't want
to make a touchscreen laptop because it would cause a usage division
between the laptop and desktop lines (due to a touchscreen iMac being
too cumbersome to use, so one would be touchscreen and the other not)
... as if the silly Touch Bar gimmick hasn't already created that
"usage division".
Not really, at least not any more than 3D/Force/Whatever-it's-called-
this-week Touch. Anything you can do on the touch bar, you can do some
other way without it... and that will have to be the case for at least
as long as you can buy a new desktop or laptop Mac from Apple that
doesn't have one.
But the same thing could be said for a touchscreen laptop (you can
still use the mouse / trackpad to do the same things), which Schiller
says touchscreen won't be done since it would create a "usage divide"
between the laptop and desktop Mac computers.

Of course, like many many other things, Apple will change it's mind at
some stage and then claim it as being the best thing since than sliced
bread. :-\

Having said that, personally I don't want a touchscreen Mac. A fat
finger will never, ever be as accurate as a mouse and even using a
stylus is an awful experience because your hand is always blocking part
of the screen ... you'll get a pile of people asking questions and when
give then answer they'll say, "I didn't see that hidden by my hand".
Jolly Roger
2016-11-16 15:55:05 UTC
Post by Your Name
Steve Jobs had an amazing ability
Tim Cook is simply a typical idiot
Johnny Ive is a case designer who knows nothing about electronics
Phil Schiller also seems to be an idiot.
"Steve Jobs was an idiot for hiring these idiots. Apple is full of
IDIOTS! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"

JR
i***@gmail.com
2016-11-28 10:35:34 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Jim_Higgins
[...]
Yes. It will be combersome to use. Now go away to your windows crap and
try to make some use of that crap touchscreen.

To be useful on desktop the touch screen has to be exactly that: the desk top,
you get a 40-50" imac and have it embedded in an apple certified desk, work standing.
It's 100% useless when you are sitting and the screen is vertical.

Do you have any idea whatsover about the ergonomics of the bipeds????
Your Name
2016-11-28 20:15:32 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
Post by Your Name
Post by Jim_Higgins
[...]
I don't use disgusting Windoze.
Post by i***@gmail.com
To be useful on desktop the touch screen has to be exactly that: the desk top,
you get a 40-50" imac and have it embedded in an apple certified desk, work
standing. It's 100% useless when you are sitting and the screen is vertical.
Do you have any idea whatsover about the ergonomics of the bipeds????
I never said a touchscreen iMac would be ergonomic or even sensible.

I was pointing out that the idiot Schiller (and look up "shill" in a
dictionary) is claiming Apple won't make a touchscreen laptop computer
because that would make the user experience different from a
non-touchscreen desktop computer ... the reality is that using a laptop
and a desktop are *already* different user experiences thanks to the
trackpad (hence Apple made a desktop trackpad) and now they're adding
the silly and rather pointless gimmicky Touch Bar (no doubt a desktop
version of that will arrive at some stage too).

Of course, Apple did long ago already patent the fold-almost-flat
desktop computer design that Microsloth is now pushing as a selling
point of their over-priced crappy new Surface model.

Your Name
2016-11-15 20:17:41 UTC
Post by Jim_Higgins
The Tim Cook era replacing the Steve Jobs era-sad
Apple, a Trendsetter No More
http://tinyurl.com/gpy77le
I forgot to say, personally I couldn't care less about Apple being a
silly "trendsetter", but they need to get back to making
user-upgradable computers (rather than simply throw-away consumer
devices) and having a simplified range (having the MacBook AND MacBook
Air is ridiculous).

Being a "trendsetter" has also often been a pain in the backside for
the users (e.g. removing the floppy drive without having any sensible
alternative in place, dorpping and adding ports whenever they feel like
it, etc.).
Huge
2016-11-16 14:05:27 UTC
Post by Jim_Higgins
The Tim Cook era replacing the Steve Jobs era-sad
Apple, a Trendsetter No More
http://tinyurl.com/gpy77le
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.