Sierra and mouse scroll wheel
Robert Peirce
2016-11-20 16:52:24 UTC
Since upgrading to Sierra, the scroll wheel on my mouse has been
misbehaving. Sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything then suddenly it
will scroll many lines at once. The touchpad on my MBP works great but
I mostly use the mouse.

This is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (Model 1359) that I have
been using for years. The mouse hasn't changed so there may be some
default setting that I need to adjust.
Jolly Roger
2016-11-20 18:14:27 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
Since upgrading to Sierra, the scroll wheel on my mouse has been
misbehaving. Sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything then suddenly it
will scroll many lines at once. The touchpad on my MBP works great but
I mostly use the mouse.
Yuck. No thanks. The track pad is way more useful for me than any mouse
could ever be.
Post by Robert Peirce
This is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (Model 1359) that I have
been using for years. The mouse hasn't changed so there may be some
default setting that I need to adjust.
The driver software for that mouse seemingly hasn't changed since macOS
10.7:

<https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/d/wireless-mobile-mouse-3000>

JR
Robert Peirce
2016-11-21 23:12:49 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Yuck. No thanks. The track pad is way more useful for me than any mouse
could ever be.
I prefer the pad for dragging and scrolling but I prefer the mouse
buttons to keeping track of what special keys go with a pad tap to
handle special functions. Since I'm already using the mouse for that I
tend to use it for dragging and scrolling as well. However, the way it
has been acting I have used the pad for scrolling and dragging and the
buttons for other things.
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Robert Peirce
This is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (Model 1359) that I have
been using for years. The mouse hasn't changed so there may be some
default setting that I need to adjust.
The driver software for that mouse seemingly hasn't changed since macOS
Which means they think it should work, I guess. Anyhow, I am
re-installing the software to see if that helps. If not, I may have to
consider another mouse.
Robert Peirce
2016-11-21 23:55:15 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
Post by Jolly Roger
The driver software for that mouse seemingly hasn't changed since macOS
Which means they think it should work, I guess. Anyhow, I am
re-installing the software to see if that helps. If not, I may have to
consider another mouse.
That improved things across the board except for LibreOffice calc, which
is a little better but still somewhat flaky when scrolling. I don't
think it has any mouse settings.
Robert Peirce
2016-11-22 00:18:09 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
Post by Robert Peirce
Post by Jolly Roger
The driver software for that mouse seemingly hasn't changed since macOS
Which means they think it should work, I guess. Anyhow, I am
re-installing the software to see if that helps. If not, I may have to
consider another mouse.
That improved things across the board except for LibreOffice calc, which
is a little better but still somewhat flaky when scrolling. I don't
think it has any mouse settings.
I spoke too soon, scrolling through mail is still flaky. It sort of
works but not quite right.
John Varela
2016-11-21 00:22:44 UTC
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 16:52:24 UTC, Robert Peirce
Post by Robert Peirce
Since upgrading to Sierra, the scroll wheel on my mouse has been
misbehaving. Sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything then suddenly it
will scroll many lines at once. The touchpad on my MBP works great but
I mostly use the mouse.
This is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (Model 1359) that I have
been using for years. The mouse hasn't changed so there may be some
default setting that I need to adjust.
In Sierra the scroll wheel direction has been reversed on my
Logitech trackball. I reported it to Logitech and the web site says
they are aware of this but don't say when if ever they will do
something about it.
John Varela
Robert Peirce
2016-12-16 13:54:40 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
Since upgrading to Sierra, the scroll wheel on my mouse has been
misbehaving. Sometimes it doesn't seem to do anything then suddenly it
will scroll many lines at once. The touchpad on my MBP works great but
I mostly use the mouse.
This is a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3000 (Model 1359) that I have
been using for years. The mouse hasn't changed so there may be some
default setting that I need to adjust.
It must have been the OS. The latest update to 12.2.2 has cured the
problem. Rather, after the latest update the problem is gone.