local mail is hanging somewhere
Robert Peirce
2016-12-10 16:08:08 UTC
I use the server app to send local mail for calendar reminders and for
SysAdmin daily, weekly and monthly reports. It used to get delivered
almost immediately but today it seems to be hanging and coming in in
bits and pieces over the course of a few minutes. It seems finally to
have arrived but I am curious why it is suddenly taking so long. I know
virtually nothing about what is going on inside the software. Does
anybody have any ideas?
Robert Peirce
2016-12-12 23:39:23 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
I use the server app to send local mail for calendar reminders and for
SysAdmin daily, weekly and monthly reports. It used to get delivered
almost immediately but today it seems to be hanging and coming in in
bits and pieces over the course of a few minutes. It seems finally to
have arrived but I am curious why it is suddenly taking so long. I know
virtually nothing about what is going on inside the software. Does
anybody have any ideas?
It happened again today. Mail that should have been there early this
morning still has not arrived. It's out there somewhere and I think it
will eventually show up. I'd just like to know why it is hanging and if
I can do anything about it.
Robert Peirce
2016-12-16 14:07:42 UTC
Post by Robert Peirce
I use the server app to send local mail for calendar reminders and for
SysAdmin daily, weekly and monthly reports. It used to get delivered
almost immediately but today it seems to be hanging and coming in in
bits and pieces over the course of a few minutes. It seems finally to
have arrived but I am curious why it is suddenly taking so long. I know
virtually nothing about what is going on inside the software. Does
anybody have any ideas?
Like my scroll-wheel problem. This issue seems to have been cleared up
by the 12.2.2 update. As with the wheel, I don't know if the update
directly cured the problem or if it corrected something that was causing
the problem.